Sunday, May 28, 2006

Mangochi






I visited Mangochi, a town about 3 hours south of Lilongwe. i went for work. we stayed at a gorgeous resort (check out the pics) by the Lake. I believe some refer to the area we stayed in as Monkey bay. i was chased by a Monkey. yeah yeah, laugh all you want, it wasnt funny at the time when i ran away screaming. i woke up the hotel guests...it was 6am. i suppose i got a bit carried away taking pictures...thought i was a national geograhic photographer or something...the monkey didnt like the flash i suppose...it just stared at me for a second...and then made a loud cry and lunged...i ran away and didnt look back...they stopped being cute after that. other than that, the place was paradise and i was glad i got a bit of a chance to enjoy it even though i was there as a work retreat...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

Your grace and beauty have descended on your adopted home, I see. I have found you, my sister! It looks like you always have a backup occupation as a freelance photog, if this save the world mission fails to ingite your senses. I pray for your safekeeping and foresee that you will make an indelible imprint on all the lives you touch as you have mine. Keep blogging and I will keep loyally reading. Peace and blessings to you and yours, Sophie...your physical absence is duly noted- Canada is a little less serene without you.
unequivocally yours,
Rebekah

8:34 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Your grace and beauty have descended on your adopted home, I see. I have found you, my sister! It looks like you always have a backup occupation as a freelance photog, if this save the world mission fails to ingite your senses. I pray for your safekeeping and foresee that you will make an indelible imprint on all the lives you touch as you have mine. Keep blogging and I will keep loyally reading. Peace and blessings to you and yours, Sophie...your physical absence is duly noted- Canada is a little less serene without you.
unequivocally yours,
Rebekah

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home